The Best Casinos
100% up to €500
+200 Free Spins
- Play over 3,000 games by 45+ providers
- Accepts crypto currencies
- Supports many payment methods
- Mobile friendly games
225% up to €2,000
+100 Free Spins
- YOJU is an online casino with 5000+ games for every taste
- High-class games cater, providing fair RTP and payouts
- The site has several convenient payments and accepts 7 cryptos
- The support works 24/7, and you get clear answers fast
400% up to €2,000
+120 Free Spins
- Huge welcome bonus
- Available sportsbook
- A lot of games from different providers
- Phone and email support 24/7
Quick Overview of Playing Blackjack
Knowing the rules is critical to having fun and success, whether you are starting with blackjack casinos or have experience playing the game. Here is a quick overview of playing blackjack:
- The game's objective is for the player to attain 21 with a hand dealt. Still, you win if you come closest to the number, but you are out of your value exceeding 21.
- The dealer hands you two cards which is the starting point as you try to attain 21 with subsequent hands dealt.
- You can hold on to your cards or request another card to attain the winning value. Players find it challenging to decide what to do if their card totals are between 12 to 16.
- The casino (the dealer) will play afterward and follow the same rules. You win the round if the house does not exceed your totals, meaning you are the one closest to 21.
- Most times, the dealer will not ask for an additional card if their total value is 17 or above. But they will ask for another card if their total is 16 or less.
Best Casino Sites with Blackjack
Before signing up with an online casino platform to play blackjack, it is best to consider the game rooms available. Having varieties will help you find a game you are good at and enhance the experience. Our list of the best casino sites in 2023 can help you find a suitable one in Ireland.
Blackjack Card Values
Blackjack game does not have combinations with each hand the casino deals. So, you do not need to remember the value you get since it will not be the same in subsequent hames. However, you can learn the card values to strategize on attaining 21 or coming as close as possible to guarantee winnings.
- The numbers on the cards will be their value. For example, 5 will be valued at 5, and so on.
- Cards with faces (King, Queen, and Jack) are worth 10 each.
- Ace's value is 11, but they are worth 1 if the total worth in one hand exceeds 21.
Blackjack Game Variants
Blackjack is popular with gamblers from across the globe, and it is why there are more than 100 different variations of the classical blackjack game. The game has evolved with developers considering the player's needs with their new releases. There are variants with more players than the original version. Below are the most popular ones:
Blackjack House Edge and RTP
People play at blackjack casinos for fun. Still, the gaming sites are in the business for profit: They will have an advantage when users play for cash prizes on their sites. It is what we refer to as house edge. Return-to-player (RTP) is the percentage of the wagering amount an online casino returns to players as winnings. The remaining ratio is the house edge and is what the service provider takes as profits.
The outcome of playing blackjack for real money will depend on the house edge and RTP. Both components' ratios differ depending on the game variant or game developer. Reputable blackjack casinos will provide information on their games, RTP, and the house edge. Still, Irish gamblers can get the information on online review sites.
Additional Blackjack Rules Options
Knowing blackjack rules options will help in winning at a casino. Here are the additional things to know:
- Blackjack split. It happens if a player gets two similar cards. They can split the cards and play two hands. The rules differ depending on the gaming site.
- Blackjack double down. When a player doubles their wager. However, you can only use the option when having two cards. The winnings will double the initial bet by doubling down.
- Insurance. If the first card a dealer shows is an ace, a player can bet on the blackjack. With the insurance bet, you win if the dealer receives the blackjack, but the payout goes to the casino if the dealer does not get it.
|Dealer's open card||Chance to win, %|
|🂮 K, 🂭 Q, 🂫 J, 🂺 10||21,43%|
Risk of Losing
|The player's hand and his score||Risk of losing, %|
Real Money Blackjack VS Free Games
Casinos with Blackjack will have free games or require players to deposit money before accessing the game. You will not get any payout by choosing the former option. The latter will be more accessible as online casinos do not ask for large deposits. Let us look at the two types.
Real Money Blackjack Games
- It offers access to the best blackjack game variants
- Players can accumulate winnings and withdraw the money
- The casinos offer bonuses to new players upon signing up
- The wagering requirements are standard
- Betting small amounts allow players to play for more rounds
- Real-money blackjack games have frequent tournaments and promotions with amazing prizes
Free Blackjack Games
- You can play the games without registering with an online casino
- They are ideal when trying out new blackjack variants or sites
- You do not spend any money to play
- You do not get a payout on winnings
- The terms and conditions are strict
- There are limited game varieties
How Much Cards are Worth at Blackjack
Here is information to help you calculate your cards value:
|What is the worth of cards 2 to 10?||Each card's worth is the same as its numerical value.|
|How much are the cards with faces worth?||The king, queen, and jack cards are worth 10.|
|What is Ace's worth?||It can either be 11 or 1.|
Blackjack Odds and Payout
It would help to know the factors affecting your winnings while playing for real money at casino. In our previous section, we learned about house edge and RTP, including their impact on winnings. Now we will evaluate the odds and payout of the blackjack game. The house edge is 0.5%, which is a positive thing: The winning and push chances will be 42.22% and 8.48%, respectively. Here is how they pay:
|Push||Refund of bet|
|Three of a kind||30:1|
Terms for Playing Blackjack Online
Before diving into the game, you should familiarise yourself with the basic terms of the game.
- Blackjack: it is the winning combination, which is 21. The payout is high for two cards with the value.
- Bust/Break: when a player's card total value exceeds 21, they have lost the round.
- Count: adding the card numbers in every hand.
- Dealer: a casino representative that takes your bet and deals the cards. You play against a dealer on online sites.
- Deck Penetration: The number of hands before deck reshuffling.
- Double down: Asking for an additional card, and your wager doubles if you win.
- Hand: The cards a player holds after each round.
- Hit: asking the dealer to get another card.
- Push: when a round between the player and dealer ends as a draw. Also known as a stand-off or no-win.
- Round: a playing cycle where the dealer gives cards, bets are placed, and payout for winners.
- Shoe: it is the box holding cards on the table from which the hands are dealt.
- Stand: when a blackjack player is satisfied with their card value and does not want another one.
- Surrender: forfeiting a hand while the game is in progress. A player loses half of their bet amount.
Tips for Playing Blackjack
Use these strategies to play responsibly and win playing blackjack online:
- Budget for betting money and have a limit to the amount you can spend at an online casino in Ireland.
- Have a time limit. Besides your finances, time management is part of responsible gambling.
- Split two 8s. 16 is considered the worst value, and it would help to split two 8s in hand.
- Double down when with two 5s. Avoid splitting the pair as it adds to 10. You can get blackjack or come closest by requesting another card.
- Know the best time to stand. If you have a card value of 17 and above. Still, you can stand if your cards are worth between 12 to 16 and the dealer has a total of 2 to 6.
- Instance to hit. When a dealer's hand is above 7, your card value is between 12 and 16.
- Play at a secure and user-friendly site. Use our guide to identify the best blackjack casino sites in Ireland.
When To Hit, Stand, Double Down, or Split
A round in the casino with Blackjack game starts with a dealer giving two cards after taking the bet. Players have four options; you can opt to hit, stand, double down, or split. It depends on the value of your cards and what the dealer has. Winning will not only rely on the cards you have, but you have to be cautious of the dealer's cards. Here are insights to help you make the right decision:
- When to hit. When your card value is 14 or less, requesting the dealer for an additional card in the current hand is advisable. The objective is to get a higher value to come close or attain the blackjack and not to bust.
- When to stand. It is a choice not to seek additional cards. Ensure to check what the dealer has before deciding to stand. Also, it is best to choose the option when your cards are worth 15 or more. Your card value must exceed the dealer's to win.
- When to double down. The choice only lets the dealer give a player one more card and doubles the bet. Double down when having cards valued at 10 or 11. It prevents busting even if a player gets one of the face cards or an ace.
- When to split. If the cards dealt are a pair, you can have them in different hands, and the bet doubles. They get additional cards for each hand and play both as usual. Still, you can choose to hit, stand, or double down.
The findings show that online blackjack is a very exciting and strategic digital card game. With the goal of surpassing the dealer's value by not exceeding 21, and the possibility of a "push" that returns your original bet, the game maintains an exciting uncertainty. A variety of versions, from American to Vegas Strip, offer a varied gaming experience. The convenience of mobile games and real-time interaction with dealers further enhance this enjoyment. Be sure to choose the right casino and version of the game, take advantage of bonuses and know when to stop for a balanced and rewarding blackjack experience.